Friday, January 27, 2012

What is the age rating for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo?

What is the age rating for the book, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson? If it has one that is, but I think most books have an age rating like 12+, 18+, etc.





So I was wondering, if the book has one, what is it? I'm turning 14 this year and I'm on about page 70, and I still am going to continue to read it no matter what the age should be, I already know it's sexual and violent in some parts. But I was just wondering what the reccommended age is|||I was 14 when I read this and I didn't find it that disturbing. I found the films more distressing.|||Don't hold your breath, I got to page 240 and gave up, in fact if you skip all the bit inbetween you won't miss anything, he is still in the Village writing the biography and nothing has happened of note.





Boring, when I was young I read Lady Chatterley's lover because I heard there was sex in it. I would have spent my time better watching paint dry, I suspect tattoo has become famous because the author pegged it, no other reason?





Try Jackie Collins.|||Its target audience is adults. Books don't have age ratings.





I'm not aware of any mainstream books that I'd be concerned about a 14 year old reading.





If you're going to read it anyway, why do you care? So you can brag about it? Meh.|||It doesn't have a rating on the cover, but in my opinion the content is definitely an R rating as a movie and book, so 17+ should be able to handle all the subject matter.|||It is aimed at adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment