Friday, January 27, 2012

Name me another author like Stieg Larsson?

I get bored very quickly and find there are a lot of books I just can't get into.





I've just read the 2nd book in the Milennium trilogy 'The girl who played with fire' 600 pages that I just could not put down. Its more than just a crime thriller as there are a lot of social undertones - and a certain amount of sex; The first book, The girl with the Dragon Tattoo was just as good.





I just love the level of detail and the complex plot but it has to be written in a way that gets my juices going. Unfortunately Stieg dies after the 3rd book (not yet translated) so I need more authors of a similar type.





I tend to like books where the hero is a very smart/ logical thinker and you hear him thinking out loud. My favourite authors are Dick Francis (crime thrillers), James Clavell (shogun, king rat etc), Frank Herbert (dune trilogy etc).....





Any ideas as to which author, I should read next?|||The Book Seer website lets you enter details of books that you enjoyed and recommends others to try. It suggests quite a few including:


David Ebershoff


John Le Carre


Tom Robb Smith


and Henning Mankell








This answer was provided by Enquire, a 24-hour, live question answering and enquiry service offered by public librarians across England and Scotland in collaboration with partners in the United States. If you liked our answer and would like us to help you find another, you can chat with one of us right now by clicking on Enquire on the People鈥檚 Network site at http://www.peoplesnetwork.gov.uk|||Looking at the website for Amazon those who bought books by Stieg Larsson also bought books by:-





Andrew Davidson


David Ebershoff


Beatrice Colin


and Kate Atkinson|||Hening Mankell

No comments:

Post a Comment