Friday, January 20, 2012

Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson?

I wanted to know if this would be something that I should read. I'm sixteen years old, and I've heard that it's not necessarily an appropriate book for a teenager to read, but I'm really curious. I only have a slight clue of what it's about, and I don't want spoilers. I just want someone to tell me what exactly I should expect or if I should even read it at all.|||At 16 years old, I feel sure that you can handle it.





Why not appropriate? An intelligent, gifted, young woman, with no protection under Swedish law, is raped in the most atrocious manner possible by a man who was appointed her guardian under Swedish law.





Why appropriate? The story is told by an author who so loves and respects women that his rage at their abuse fairly jumps off the page at you. If her mistreatment moves you, then you will enjoy the fiendish revenge that she takes on her tormentor.





Why appropriate (Part II)? Lisbeth Salander will lead you on a step-by-step explanation about how she, with her computer expertise, gets inside every one's computer, takes them over as if they were her own, and uses them to orchestrate a vast scheme to destroy every one who has ever harmed her or her friends.





Why appropriate (Part III)? It would interest every one in Yahoo Answers if you were to read the book and give your opinion as to whether what Lisbeth Salander does with computers and banking accounts is possible.





I think you should read the book.|||Well from what I've heard, it is a very good book, and I would love to read it. All I can tell you is that I found it really hard to get in to. I think I gave up about halfway through the first chapter.





If you're used to reading long/difficult books, it might be worth a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment