Friday, January 20, 2012

Have you read the Stieg Larsson's trilogy books?

I must be honest that I don't usually like reading most best sellers because they don't seem to capture my interest especially crime thrillers.





However, I went to my local opp shop and bought the second book for one dollar of The Girl Who Played with Fire by the late Stieg Larsson and read it in a whole month. Great ripping yarn although I didn't like the main character. Eventually, I did come to love her as a human being who was abused by someone she knew as a child.





Then I went to Kmart and bought a copy of the first book and started to read it with great interest.


Just want to know if anyone has read these books and what are your opinions about the books.





My main interest was to read it as a writer myself who is currently writing a book. I needed to see the structure of the novel,its characters,themes and subplots to capture the readers attention and keep turning the page.|||I thought the characters were unique and the plots exciting, if a bit grim. I didn't like the translation though. I didn't like all the non-essential computer lingo was thrown in either, i felt it didn't add anything and just slowed down the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment