Friday, January 27, 2012

Did you enjoy Girl with Dragon Tattoo?

by Swedish author Stieg Larsson and did you like the main characters Lisbeth Salander and Mikael Blomkvist? Do you think they were believable and sympathetic? I thoroughly enjoyed it and have bought the 2nd in the trilogy Girl who played with Fire, to start [and probably finish] this weekend. I've read many varying reviews from aweful to wonderful, wondered what you all thought of it?|||Well, I like Swedish crime novels. They are refreshingly different from the British and American ones.


(Henning Mankell, Sjowal and Wahloo).


I read all three parts of the Millenium trilogy, and whilst it is not high-brow literature, it is a great representation of Swedish society, of the culture etc.


In addition, it is a hard to put down suspense thriller.





Only one caveat.


As you might know the books got published after the authors untimely death and the second book has a lot of repetitions in it, that an editor in cooperation with the author might have reduced. I am a fast reader, therefore it did not bother me too much but that is the only criticism I have.


The third book does not have this problem and it gives you a great resolutions to all the various story-lines.





ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment