Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Which books should I buy?

I got a $30 gift card for books and I'm probably gonna get 3. Which 3 should I buy out of these. Or if you have any suggestions that'd be great.





The Long Walk - Stephen King


Blood Meridian - Cormac McCarthy


Good Omens - Neil Geiman/Terry Pratchet


Gravity's Rainbow - Thomas Pynchon


The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson|||As much as I love just about everything by Stephen King, you'll get a wider range of styles, topics, and story types with these three:





Good Omens - Neil Geiman/Terry Pratchet (hilarious!)


Gravity's Rainbow - Thomas Pynchon (heavy and deep)


The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson (excellent crime fiction)





GONE TOMORROW by Lee Child is something I would recommend over the Larsson. It's a fantastic thriller and part of a series, so if you like it he's got 10 more already in print.|||"Blood Meridian" and "Gravity's Rainbow" are two of my favorite books. You're my new favorite person on here. Of the rest, I'd say "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo". I don't like Stephen King or Terry Pratchett.





I'd recommend something like "Ragtime" by E.L. Doctorow. Right now I'm reading "Ishmael" by Daniel Quinn. You'd probably like that, and if you did you'd also like "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" by Robert M. Pirsig.|||well first i would think what book looks the nbest for me and what would suit me the best....and tht i can relate to...i didnt read any of those books bu the one tht sounds the best is the long walk or the girl with the dragon tattoo.......and the other question you asked me ...umm idk if gravity's rainbow is hard read......sorry i couldnt help much......=(..good luck with the book or books you choose!=)

No comments:

Post a Comment