Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Millenium Series... Not printed properly ?

Hi everyone...


I've been reading the millenium series by Stieg Larsson ( the girl who played with fire to be exact) and just bought this book from Chapters Indigo in Canada and threw the bill in the trash, never thinking I'd get this problem...





Heres the deal... I was reading the book and I'm at 100 pages from the end and all the action is starting... I finish one page only to realize the next page doesn't follow the previous... There's 50 pages missing, and it seems like when they printed the book they put in the last chapters twice!





I don't have the bill and the book is now obviously worn ( paperback)... Do you think the bookstore will exchange it anyway??|||The issue isn't going to be that the book is worn - it is clearly not fit for the purpose for which it was sold and never was.





The problem is going to be whether you can convince the book store you bought it from them, and without the receipt that is going to be very difficult. I don't suppose you paid for the book with anything that is traceable, ie credit or debit card? If you did, then the fact that a transaction took place can be traced, (even if it cannot be tied to this particular book) which may make them more sympathetic.





My feeling is that you might have to chalk this one up to experience. Next time keep the bill (I use it as a bookmark) until you have read the book.





Best wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment